Guest Rental Information
Guest Rental Information
1. Check-in/Check-out times. Check–in begins at 4:00PM (CST) with most units ready by 6PM. Due to our high standards for cleanliness, there is a possibility that your vacation rental may not be ready until slightly later, especially during peak season please make your arrival arrangements accordingly. Your patience is appreciated. Check out time is 10:00AM (CST).
2. Express Check-in: Destin West offers our guests express check-in service. This program is designed to eliminate paperwork on your arrival day. Please see the information attached regarding this process.
3. Early Checkouts/Late Checkouts. No refunds for early checkouts or evictions will be given. Late checkouts are subject to a discretionary service charge.
4. Advance reservation/rental rates. Reservations are accepted up to one year in advance. Reservation dates will be confirmed; however we cannot guarantee rates or unit assignment. Rates are subject to change without notice, and there are circumstances that occur that make unit assignment guarantee impossible.
5. Advance payment. A minimum payment of $350 per unit is required at the time of booking a reservation with an arrival date more than 30 days in advance. ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS will be accepted for deposit. Deposit will be applied towards the total rent due. Full payment of reservation will be required 30 days prior to arrival and will be automatically charged to the same credit card given at the time of booking, unless instructed otherwise. For reservations made with an arrival date within 30 days, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
6. Damage Deposit. In some instances a deposit may be required; your CREDIT CARD account number will be magnetically entered into our computer records system. Your account will be charged to remedy damage claims such as:
a. Damage is done to the unit or its contents. Smoking in any unit.
b. No charges are incurred due to collection of rent.
c. All debris and garbage is removed from the unit and placed in the proper receptacles.
d. All dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
**Security Deposit Protection Insurance – This security deposit protection plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1,500. Any damages that exceed $1,500 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $1,500. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy. The Security Deposit Protection can be purchased up to, and including at check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Destin West Vacations any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection. To participate you must OPT-IN to receive this coverage.
7. Short term reservations cancelled or changed. (Less than 30 days in duration) Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay or new arrival date that are made more than thirty (30) days before your arrival date will forfeit a minimum of $100 plus tax. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay or new arrival date that are made within thirty (30) days of your arrival date will forfeit the FULL advance payment.
8. Travel Insurance. The Guest Protect Plan from CSA Travel Protection.
a. Valuable benefits before, during, and after your vacation
b. Reimbursement of non-refundable trip costs if you must cancel trip or cut it short due to sickness, injury, or other events
c. 150% of trip cost coverage for covered Trip Interruptions
d. 24/7/365 emergency assistance hotline, plus access to a network of physicians
** CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION. Optional Vacation Rental Insurance through CSA Insurance Services is available at an additional charge of 6.95% of the total amount of your rental. To participate you must OPT-IN to receive this coverage. The travel protection must be purchased by the due date of your final rental payment. For further details please visit CSA website www.csatravelprotection.com or contact one of our friendly vacation planners for assistance.
9. Hurricane Policy. Deposits and/or rent paid will generally be refunded if Destin West Beach & Bay Resort is located within the Hurricane Warning Area set forth by the NOAA/National Hurricane Center. Cancellation or early departure due to any other inclement weather does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
10. Monthly rental reservations. Reservations for two and a half (2 1/2) months or longer will be given priority during the winter season. Cancellations or changes of monthly rental reservations must be made ninety (90) days prior to arrival date. Credit cards will not be accepted for security/damage deposits or rental payments for monthly rentals. Cashier’s checks, cash, traveler’s checks or money orders will be accepted.
11. Pets. Pets are not permitted in ANY rental units. No exceptions will be made.
12. Entry of Unit. Authorized employees or repair persons may enter a unit during customary business hours (such limitation not to apply in cases of emergency) for any purpose connected with cleaning, repair, improvement, care and management of the unit.
13. Age requirements. No rentals will be made to vacationing students or singles under the age of twenty-five (25) unless accompanied by a parent or guardian at a ratio of two (2) persons under 25 to one (1) adult over the age of twenty-five (25). Any reservation made under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advance payments of rent and deposit. Further, the party will either not be permitted to check in or will be asked to vacate the unit.
14. Unit assignments. Destin West Resort Management rentals are privately owned and subject to reasonable wishes of the owner. We reserve the right to change unit assignments. When you confirm your reservation, unit requests will be taken, and a unit type will be assigned. However, no unit request is guaranteed.
15. Maximum occupancy. The maximum number of guests per unit is based on the individual unit’s ability to comfortably and safely accommodate our guests. If maximum occupancy is exceeded, you may be asked to vacate the property and forfeit any rental payments.
16. Minimum stay requirements. Our property requires a minimum stay of three (3) nights. Longer stays may be required during peak seasons and holidays. If a reservation is accepted for less than three (3) nights, other charges will accrue. One week minimum stays apply during peak and holiday periods, with Saturday arrival and Saturday departure.
17. Rental payment. Full rental payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. Payments may be made by Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, bank money order or cashier’s check. Personal checks are not accepted for payment on reservations less than thirty (30) days in tenure.
18. Linen/maid service. Rates include a one-time linen/towel set-up and cleaning service at the time of departure. We suggest you bring beach towels, as we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit.
19. Reservation Processing Fee. All reservations will be charged a onetime non-refundable processing fee. This fee is a minimum $20.00 plus tax, and a maximum of $60.00 plus tax.
20. Compliance with rules and regulations. Rental guests shall obey all federal, state, and local laws. In addition, renter shall take all reasonable steps to see that the members of his family adhere accordingly. The following are cited in being of exceptional importance:
a. Shooting fireworks and carry of firearms with the resort is prohibited.
b. Use of resort facilities is limited to renter and members of his party. All guests are required to wear pool tags.
c. Minibikes and skateboarding prohibited.
d. Throwing any items from balconies.
21. Violation of Policies and Rules. Violation of the policies and rules by a guest will result in eviction and the forfeiture of advance payments of rent and deposit. Destin West Resort Management reserves the right to refuse future reservations to any guest who has violated our rental polices and rules in the past.
22. You are welcome to bring up to two vehicles (no trailers, jet-skis, boats, RV's or buses allowed).
23. Exceptions. Management must approve any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies in advance. Destin West Vacations is an agent of the property owner.
**Express Check In**
Destin West guests are welcome to complete our express check-in program. This will allow you to enjoy our amenities until your unit becomes available, without standing in check in lines. Our program is designed to eliminate paperwork on your arrival day.
To complete this program you must call Destin West Resort Management and request the Express Check-in Packet.
In order to allow time for cleaning, inspecting, and maintenance between guests, units may not be available for check-in earlier than 4:00 pm on the arrival date. In extreme situations for cleaning and regular maintenance, check in-time may need to be extended until 6:00 pm or later on check-in day. Again, this program is designed to eliminate paperwork on the day of arrival; it does not guarantee early check in. Destin West will notify express check in guests by phone when units are available.
Express Check-in packets must be received by Destin West Resort Management at least 14 days prior to your arrival.