9 Jul 2021
Destin Honeymoon and Anniversary ideas
Top 5 Destin attractions for anniversaries
One of the best ways to celebrate an anniversary is to explore destinations in your own backyard! Here are our top five Destin-area attractions that you and your loved one can enjoy together.
- One of the best options for a Destin anniversary gift is the Dolphin Cruise. Some tours even include a glass bottom so you can stay in the cabin and still see the dolphins through the crystal clear waters beneath you. Take in scenic views of the Harbor, enjoy fresh open air, a few drinks and even learn a little about Destin’s History. This is a popular Destin attraction for couples on anniversaries because the view from this cruise is beautiful! Be sure to check out the sunset cruises as well.
- Take a stroll down Okaloosa Island’s beachfront boardwalk and enjoy all of the shops, restaurants, and live music. Year after year, The Boardwalk has been a popular destination for friends and families alike. With its ideal location on the Gulf of Mexico, convenient parking, and wide range of activities, it's the perfect place to make magical memories. Fresh off the beach? No worries! The Boardwalk offers dining and shopping that welcome sandy toes and salty swimsuits. Stroll through and discover shopping treasures and an incredible selection of restaurants ranging from fast-casual to fine dining. The Boardwalk makes it easy to find something to satisfy everyone, INCLUDING fireworks every Wednesday night!
Hammock with Coastal Hammock is one of those little secrets that not many people know about, but that’s due to its privacy. Each booking is set up specifically for you. Sunset hammocks are available as well as Stargaze hammocks! We will meet you at the Pompano Street beach access. Look for the guy with the lantern on the road. REMEMBER, you MUST reserve online. They set up hammocks for each reservation individually.
Sailing will and has always been ideal for couples or anniversary parties. Set sail on a private or chartered sailboat and watch the sun disappear behind the horizon that doesn’t seem to end. Let your captain con the boat and enjoy all the sights and sounds of the Emerald Coast.
Visit Fort Walton Beach's Museum of Arts & Sciences which features art exhibits, natural history exhibits with hands-on activities for all ages. Discover a world of hands-on learning at the Emerald Coast Science Center. Step outside of the box and experience science firsthand in an interactive museum including a STEAM Makerspace, over 45 exhibits, over 30 animals, and more! From robotics to chemistry, engineering to light, exhibits bring numerous scientific principles to life. The Science Center is also the 3rd museum in the entire country to house SMALLab Learning -- a groundbreaking exhibit that places guests at the center of all the science action, essentially playing on a room-sized iPad! Don't miss your chance to nerd out on some truly mind-blowing science at the Emerald Coast Science Center.
- Last but certainly not least is to have a sunset beach photoshoot to commemorate your time in Destin. A picture is worth a thousand words so why not get a picture with your significant other. You and your partner will certainly value them for a life time. Lafleur photography will come to you on the beach and leave you stunned with beautiful images of you and your lifetime partner. Book Now before dates are filled up for the season!
Romantic restaurants for anniversaries in Destin
For anniversaries in Destin, romantic restaurants may be hard to come by. But there are plenty of great options!
One of them is Ali’s Bistro in Fort Walton. Ali’s Bistro has the best traditional Italian food in the area, along with fresh seafood, perfectly cooked steaks, and brick oven-baked gourmet pizzas. Enjoy your favorite wines and cocktails from our full bar and finish off your meal with one of Ali’s fabulous desserts, especially their famous Gelato. But make sure to call 850-226-4708 for reservations as they fill up quickly. The best way to describe Ali’s is that they serve traditional Italian dishes in an elegant yet casual setting..
The other option for anniversaries in Destin is Jasmine Thai Cuisine. They have fresh Thai cuisine and provide perfect decor with dim lighting that make any adult night feel romantic! You will find Jasmine Thai Cuisine at 830 Miracle Strip Parkway West, Destin, FL 32550 - Tucked away off Highway 98 near The Beaches. The prices here are low too so if you're looking for an economical anniversary dinner destination then look no further than Jasmine Thai Cuisine.
Old Bay Steamer is another favorite restaurant located in Fort Walton Beach. It is an experience of quality steamed seafood, exceptional steaks, and locally famous ribs. It is also a celebration of great music and eclectic works of art. Also, be sure to get a drink and take your picture with the famous “Old Lady” for a night that you will always remember.
Get out on the water for dinner and enjoy the area's only fine dining entertainment yacht. Go on a Fine Dining Dinner and Dancing Cruise! This stately yacht features fresh Gulf seafood, prime beef, and much more all prepared in a full-service galley. Live entertainment and a full bar are available to enhance your experience. Book your spot on Sandestin's premier fine dining dinner and dancing cruise today!
- Don't have your sea legs quite yet? Try 790 on the Gulf which features Florida Seafood with Louisiana Flavors. They feature as Sunday Brunch, signature bloody marys and if you call ahead, you can even get a private dinner for two ON THE BEACH! How awesome is that? Check out this short video to learn more about them.
- The Gulf on Okaloosa Island has trademark design elements of shipping containers, reclaimed, recycled, and salvaged building materials contrasted with palms, sand, and surf, creating an ambiance of chic and casual elegance that always greets you warmly. With an emphasis on local ingredients and seasonal menus, take advantage of nature’s true gift to any cuisine. The bar and music always anticipate just the right mixture to enhance the mood and the staff’s genuine thoughtfulness sets the appropriate tone for every visit. It’s also one of the only places left that you can arrive on boat!
- Don’t want to wait on a list to be seated? Well, bring the chef to your home with the only 5-star catering service in the area and two-time winner of Best Chef in Destin Tommy LeMasters, owner of Artistic Catering. Artistic Catering provides a menu and meal based on your tastes. You can even bring them the fish that you just caught on a charter trip and have freshly caught and cooked seafood! Talk about an experience! Make sure to contact them for your romantic night at home.
Ideas for a spontaneous adult getaway
Gift-giving, in general, is always tricky, but finding something thoughtful to give someone who has everything can be daunting. Consider doing something they have never done before. If you're not sure what they want to do, give them an opportunity to try something new and exciting that will hopefully be on their bucket list. A great trip for an anniversary or adult getaway is going to Destin. You can enjoy all of what Destin has to offer and have plenty of time to relax together and enjoy each other's company. There are plenty of things you could do while there including shopping, scuba diving, boat rentals, deep-sea fishing, and exploring miles of beautiful beaches. If you’re looking for more ideas for a spontaneous getaway be sure to CLICK HERE